Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Landslide Tragedy at Bukit Antarabangsa (Pt. 2)

As expected, the tragedy is still making headlines on the local news and talk shows. (Uh, I missed Prof Agus's "Hujah" on Monday - wonder if he'd discussed about it then). Now they're saying that the residents are suing the authorities for not doing the job properly. I'd say, go ahead and do it. It's your right, after all.

But should they be compensated by the government ? There have been a number of polls conducted on ntv7 and TV3 news lately. Haven't been able to catch up with the results except for the one on ntv7 8 o'clock news on Tuesday nite, if I'm not mistaken, asking whether the residents of BA should be compensated - the results : 53% Yes, 47% No ... btw, I'm with the "No", not that I sent my vote, though).

Hmm ... I need to post links to various news articles regarding this issue - I bet one day I'm gonna need to refer to 'em again .. especially when another landslide occurs in the future. :-P

No comments: