Wednesday, December 10, 2008

After 25 years ...

Thought I'd be nervous to meet up some friends from my primary school days the day before Raya Haji. Thankfully I was calm enough (well, I was a bit shy to 'em boys - I couldn't remember some of them and a few names names eluded me ... they've changed so much! :-P).

My sort-a reunion with ex-primary schoolmates after the one we had at Kedai Pok Di years ago - we were visiting Cikgu Nadipah Tukiban, our Standard 6 Red class teacher. She's had stroke for a few years already and that was the first time I saw her after all these years. Apart from her inability to speak properly, she didn't look aged much - really! And she was so excited to see us - I don't think she remembers me though but that's okay. I'll admit that I'm still rather embarrassed that my ex-schoolmates still remember me as "budak pandai kat SID" ... okay, so I probably was. But it feels so strange to hear the phrase now -- it's just so NOT me! :-P

It's so good to see my ex-schoolmates especially the girls. I had lost contact with them - now I wish we could at least keep in touch from time to time. I've always felt the need to go back to my roots, so to speak. Maybe now's my chance :-)

To my friends who had worked hard to organise the visit, thank you very much. And I'm looking forward for the pix to be uploaded on the Net! (*sigh" At times like this, I just wish that I have a camera of my own ...)

* Those who were there


Girls
  1. Yours truly ;-)
  2. Zarina Lot (and hubby)
  3. Norazlin Mohamad (and hubby)
  4. Mawarni Abdul Rahim
  5. Fadzillah Yunus
  6. Rosmini Aida
  7. Siti Mastura Jaafar - who doesn't look changed!
  8. Khairul Bariah Shamsuddin

Boys
  1. Mohd Wahidi - S/U rajin ni!
  2. Wan Roshaimi - I'd recognise you anywhere ... even with your beard!
  3. Zahiruddin Mamat - sorry, I really couldn't recognise you :-P
  4. Shamsul Bahri - kutip pitih je Bendahari kito ni!
  5. Noor Zaini (6 Blue)
  6. Mohd Hasif Hassan - Tuan lawyer kite!
  7. Marzuki
  8. Mohd Faraish - still hensem as ever ;-)
  9. Mahadi Mamat (and wife)
  10. Wan Rosli - Mr President :-D
  11. Zamani Mustafa

No comments: